Terms and Conditions
Table of contents
Article 1 - Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can exercise his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer: the natural person not acting in the exercise of a profession or business who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Day: calendar day;
- Duration transaction: a distance contract relating to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Durable medium: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the withdrawal period;
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person offering products and/or services to consumers at a distance;
- Distance contract: an agreement under which, within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for distance selling of products and/or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
- Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur being together in the same room at the same time.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Name of entrepreneur: Aqua Vitae bv.
Branch/visiting address: Secretary Meyerlei 35, 2170 Merksem, Belgium
Telephone number: +32 (0) 3 658 71 75
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company number: 0465.853.386
VAT identification number: BE 465.853.386
Article 3 - Applicability.
- These general terms and conditions apply to any offer by the entrepreneur and to any distance contract concluded between entrepreneur and consumer.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be inspected at the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge to the consumer as soon as possible upon request.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general conditions may be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in a simple manner on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general conditions can be inspected electronically and that, at the consumer's request, they will be sent electronically or otherwise free of charge.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general conditions, the second and third paragraphs shall apply mutatis mutandis, and in the event of conflicting general conditions, the consumer may always rely on the applicable provision that is most favorable to him.
Article 4 - The offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this shall be expressly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images these are a true reflection of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what the rights and obligations are, which are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- the cost of delivery, if any;
- The manner in which the agreement will be established and what actions are required for that purpose;
- Whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery and performance of the agreement;
- the period for acceptance of the offer, or the period within which the entrepreneur guarantees the price;
- Whether the agreement is archived after its conclusion, and if so in what way it can be accessed by the consumer;
- the manner in which the consumer, before the conclusion of the contract, can check and, if desired, rectify the data provided by him under the contract;
- any other languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the agreement may be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur has submitted and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically;
Article 5 - The Agreement
- The agreement, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, is concluded at the time of the consumer's acceptance of the offer and fulfillment of the conditions set forth therein.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur shall immediately confirm electronically the receipt of the acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is created electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the electronic transfer of data and ensure a secure web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures to that end.
- The entrepreneur may - within legal frameworks - inform himself whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good grounds not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request or to attach special conditions to the implementation, while giving reasons.
- The trader will send the consumer the following information along with the product or service, in writing or in such a way that the consumer can store it in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:
a. the visiting address of the trader's office where the consumer can lodge a complaint;
b. the conditions under which and the way in which the consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement about the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. the information on guarantees and existing after-sales service;
d. the data included in article 4, paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless the trader has already provided the consumer with these data before the performance of the contract;
e. the requirements for terminating the contract if the contract has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
- In the case of a duration transaction, the provision of the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option of dissolving the agreement without giving reasons for 14 days. This reflection period starts on the day after receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative previously designated by the consumer and made known to the entrepreneur.
- During the reflection period, the consumer will handle the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he exercises his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories supplied and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
- Upon dissolution of the agreement, the consumer is obliged to return the products in question within 14 days. This period starts on the day that the consumer makes it known that he wants to use his right of withdrawal in the method indicated by the entrepreneur.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer exercises his right of withdrawal, at most the cost of return shipment shall be borne by him.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after revocation. This is subject to the condition that the product has already been received back by the merchant or conclusive evidence of complete return can be presented.
Article 8 - Exclusion of the right of withdrawal.
- The trader can exclude the consumer's right of withdrawal to the extent provided for in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the contract.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that were created by the entrepreneur according to specifications of the consumer;
b. that are clearly personal in nature;
c. that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d. that spoil or age quickly;
e. whose price is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
f. for single newspapers and magazines;
g. for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
h. for hygiene products of which the consumer has broken the seal.
Article 9 - The price
- During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates.
- Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond the Entrepreneur's control, with variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are target prices will be mentioned in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months of the conclusion of the agreement are permitted only if they result from legal regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only allowed if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
a. they are the result of legal regulations or provisions; or
b. the consumer has the authority to terminate the agreement from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices mentioned in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Article 10 - Conformity and Warranty
- The trader guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of soundness and/or usability and the legal provisions and/or government regulations that existed on the date the contract was concluded. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur under the agreement.
Article 11 - Delivery and execution
- The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- Subject to what is stated in article 4 of these general conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously but at the latest within 30 days unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or can only partially be executed, the consumer will be informed about this at the latest 30 days after the order was placed. The consumer in that case has the right to dissolve the agreement without cost and right to possible compensation.
- In case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but at the latest within 30 days after dissolution.
- If delivery of an ordered product proves impossible, the entrepreneur will make an effort to provide a replacement item. At the latest upon delivery, it will be reported in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement article is being delivered. With replacement articles, the right of withdrawal cannot be excluded. The costs of any return shipment shall be borne by the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
Article 12 - Duration transactions: duration, termination and renewal
- The consumer may at any time terminate a contract entered into for an indefinite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, subject to agreed termination rules and a notice period not exceeding one month.
- The consumer may terminate a fixed-term contract, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, at any time at the end of the fixed term, subject to agreed termination rules and a notice period not exceeding one month.
- The consumer can terminate the contracts mentioned in the previous paragraphs:
- at any time and not be limited to termination at a specific time or in a specific period;
- at least terminate them in the same way as they were entered into by him;
- always terminate them with the same notice period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- A contract entered into for a definite period of time, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a definite period of time.
- Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, a fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly renewed for a fixed term not exceeding three months, if the consumer can terminate this extended contract by the end of the extension with a notice period not exceeding one month.
- A fixed-term contract that has been concluded for the regular delivery of products or services may be tacitly renewed for an indefinite period of time only if the consumer may terminate it at any time with a notice period of up to one month and a notice period of up to three months in the event that the contract extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement of limited duration for the regular introductory delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically at the end of the trial or introductory period.
- If a contract has a duration of more than one year, after one year the consumer may terminate the contract at any time with a notice period not exceeding one month, unless reasonableness and fairness oppose termination before the end of the agreed duration.
Article 13 - Payment
- As far as not otherwise agreed upon, the amounts owed by the consumer should be paid within 7 working days after the start of the reflection period referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In case of an agreement to provide a service, this period starts after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
- When selling products to consumers, general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment of more than 50%. Where advance payment is stipulated, the consumer may not assert any rights regarding the execution of the order or service(s) in question before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
- The consumer has the duty to immediately report inaccuracies in payment information provided or stated to the entrepreneur.
- In case of non-payment by the consumer, subject to legal restrictions, the entrepreneur has the right to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer in advance.
Article 14 - Complaints procedure
- The entrepreneur has a sufficiently publicized complaint procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaint procedure.
- Complaints about the performance of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur within 7 days fully and clearly described, after the consumer has identified the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeably longer processing time, the entrepreneur will respond within the 14-day period with a notice of receipt and an indication of when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute arises that is amenable to dispute resolution.
- For complaints, a consumer should first turn to the entrepreneur. If the store is affiliated with Stichting WebwinkelKeur and complaints that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the consumer should contact Stichting WebwinkelKeur(webwinkelkeur.nl), which will mediate free of charge. Check whether this store has a current membership through https://www.webwinkelkeur.nl/leden/. If there is still no solution, the consumer has the possibility to have his complaint handled by the independent arbitration board appointed by Stichting WebwinkelKeur, the decision is binding and both entrepreneur and consumer agree to this binding decision. To submit a dispute to this dispute committee are costs associated that should be paid by the consumer to the committee. It is also possible to submit complaints via the European ODR platform(http://ec.europa.eu/odr).
- A complaint does not suspend the obligations of the entrepreneur, unless the entrepreneur indicates otherwise in writing.
- If a complaint is found to be justified by the entrepreneur, the entrepreneur will, at its discretion, either replace or repair the delivered products free of charge.
Article 15 - Disputes
- Contracts between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions relate are exclusively governed by Dutch law.
- In case of disputes, the consumer can turn to Stichting WebwinkelKeur, which will mediate free of charge. If there is still no solution to be found, the consumer has the option of having his complaint handled by Stichting GeschilOnline, the ruling is binding and both entrepreneur and consumer agree to this binding decision.
Article 16 - Additional or different provisions
- Additional provisions or provisions deviating from these general conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.
(Download the General Terms and Conditions web store as a PDF file.)
Complaint procedure information
We recommend that you first report complaints to us by emailing email@example.com. If this does not lead to a solution, it is possible to submit your dispute for mediation through Stichting WebwinkelKeur. As of February 15, 2016, it is also possible for consumers in the EU to report complaints through the European Commission's ODR platform. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If your complaint is not already being processed elsewhere, you are free to file your complaint through the platform of the European Union